Research Engineer at the Université de Lille, France
Research Engineer (m/f)
The laboratory UMET at the Université de Lille, France, is seeking a research engineer (m/f) for development of its high-pressure and synchrotron related activities.
- assist all experiments of the high pressure mineral physics team at UMET, Université Lille 1, France, including experiments at large scale facilities such as synchrotrons, sample synthesis, and post-mortem analysis,
- manage the experimental laboratory and coordinate its transfer into a dedicated facility in 2018-2019,
- train, help, and supervise students during their experimental projects,
- assist internal and external users,
- assist in the analysis of large amounts of data,
- lead and write scientific publications for international refereed journals and present at scientific meetings,
- contribute to writing proposals for third party funding for future developments in the experimental facility,
- assist other teams in the UMET laboratory with their synchrotron experiments.
- PhD degree in geosciences, material sciences or equivalent,
- documented hands-on expertise in high pressure and large scale facilities research, through the mean of publications in international research journals,
- documented skills in experiments using a large volume presses and/or diamond anvil cells,
- documented skills in experiments at large scale facilities, such as synchrotrons,
- excellent skills in communication and team work,
- experience in the use of electron microscopy is a plus,
- oral communication proficiency in French is a plus.
Work time will be divided as follows
- high pressure and large scale facility experiments: ~40%
- laboratory development, data analysis: ~30%
- performing of own research: ~30%