Graduate Student Support
2011 COMPRES Annual Meeting
Kingsmill Resort, Williamsburg, VA
June 14, 2011 to June 17, 2011
Travel Scholarships for Graduate Students
Deadline for applying: Wednesday, May 11, 2011.
The Executive Committee of COMPRES announces the availability of travel scholarships for those graduate students presenting abstracts for poster presentations at the 2011 Annual Meeting of COMPRES.
These travel scholarships will provide full or partial travel scholarships of up to $500 each for travel expenses incurred in attending the Annual Meeting. Reimbursement will be via travel vouchers submitted with receipts at or following the meeting. To be eligible for a travel scholarship, the graduate student must do the following:
1) Apply for consideration for a travel scholarship via email to Chong-Hwey Fee by Wednesday, May 11, 2011.
This application should include the following:
- a) Cover page indicating the name, address, telephone number, FAX number and email address of graduate student, and the name and address of the mentor/advisor.
- b) Abstract including title and authors, with the applicant as the presenter.
- c) A paragraph by the applicant describing where they are in their graduate studies and why they want to attend the Annual Meeting.
- d) A letter of recommendation from their mentor/advisor. This letter should also detail the group's travel funding and explain why the travel scholarship is needed for the student.
- e) If you are not a U. S. citizen or Permanent Resident, please indicate your visa status.
2) Submit an abstract for a poster presentation. The abstract MUST be submitted for the application to be considered for approval and award of a travel scholarship.
3) Register for the Annual Meeting . Note that the deadline for registration is Wednesday, May 11, 2011. We hope that by offering these travel scholarships we will encourage and enable many graduate students to attend and participate actively in the program of the Annual Meeting. We look forward to seeing many of you at the Kingsmill Resort and to hearing about your new research endeavors.