Graduate Student Support
2013 COMPRES Annual Meeting
The Abbey Resort Lake Geneva, Wisconsin
June 17, 2013 to June 20, 2013
Travel Scholarships for Graduate Students
Deadline for applying: May 6, 2013.
The Executive Committee of COMPRES announces the availability of travel scholarships for those students from US Institutions who submit abstracts and present a poster at the 2013 Annual Meeting of COMPRES These travel scholarships will provide full or partial travel scholarships of up to $500 each for travel expenses incurred in attending the Annual Meeting. Reimbursement will be via travel vouchers submitted with receipts at or following the meeting. To be eligible for a travel scholarship, the student must do the following:
A.) Be a student at a U.S. University or College. Foreign citizens who are students in the US are eligible. NOTE: Student travel grants are funded by the National Science Foundation. NSF allows travel grants to be made only to students at US colleges and universities.
B) Apply for consideration for a travel scholarship via email to Chong-Hwey Fee by May 6, 2013.
This application should include the following:
- Cover page indicating the name, address, telephone number, FAX number and email address of student, and the name and address of the mentor/advisor.
- Abstract including title and authors, with the applicant as the presenter.
- A paragraph by the applicant describing where they are in their studies and why they want to attend the Annual Meeting.
- A letter of recommendation from their mentor/advisor. This letter should also detail the group's travel funding and explain why the travel scholarship is needed for the student.
- If you are not a U. S. citizen or Permanent Resident, please indicate your visa status.
C) Submit an abstract for a poster presentation. The abstract MUST be submitted for the application to be considered for approval and award of a travel scholarship.
D) Register for the Annual Meeting . Note that the deadline for registration is Monday, May 6, 2013. We hope that by offering these travel scholarships we will encourage and enable many students to attend and participate actively in the program of the Annual Meeting. We look forward to seeing many of you at the meeting and to hearing about your new research endeavors.