Graduate Student Support
2014 COMPRES Annual Meeting
Skamania Lodge Stevenson, Washington
June 16, 2014 to June 19, 2014
Travel Scholarships for Graduate Students
Deadline for applying: May 5, 2014.
The Executive Committee of COMPRES announces the availability of a limited number of travel scholarships for students from US Institutions who submit abstracts and present a poster at the 2014 Annual Meeting of COMPRES. These travel scholarships will provide up to $500 each for travel expenses incurred in attending the Annual Meeting. Reimbursement will be via travel vouchers submitted to the COMPRES Central office. Note that the number of scholarships are limited, and applications should be submitted early to increase the chances of getting an award.
To be eligible for a travel scholarship, the applicant must be a student at a U.S. University or College. Foreign citizens who are students in the US are eligible. NOTE: Student travel grants are funded by the National Science Foundation. NSF allows travel grants to be made only to students attending US colleges and universities.
Applications for a travel scholarship should be submitted via email to Chong-Hwey Fee by May 5, 2014.
The application should include the following:
1. Cover page indicating the name, address, telephone number, FAX number and email address of the student, and the name and address of the faculty mentor/advisor.
2. An abstract including title and authors, with the applicant as the presenter.
3. A paragraph by the applicant describing at what stage you are in your studies and why you want to attend the Annual Meeting.
4. A letter of recommendation from the mentor/advisor. This letter should also detail the group's travel funding and explain why the travel scholarship is needed for the student.
5. If you are not a U. S. citizen or Permanent Resident, please indicate your visa status.
To qualify for a travel scholarship, you must Submit an abstract for a poster presentation. The abstract MUST be submitted for the application to be considered.
Register for the Annual Meeting. The deadline for registration is Monday, May 5, 2014. We hope that by offering these travel scholarships we will encourage and enable many students to attend and participate actively in the program of the Annual Meeting. We look forward to seeing many of you at the meeting and to hearing about your new research endeavors.