Graduate Student Support
2015 COMPRES Annual Meeting
Cheyenne Mountain Resort, Colorado Springs, Colorado
July 06, 2015 to July 09, 2015
Travel Scholarships for Graduate Students
Deadline for applying: May 15, 2015.
The Executive Committee of COMPRES announces the availability of a limited number of travel scholarships for students from US Institutions who submit abstracts and present a poster at the 2015 Annual Meeting of COMPRES. These travel scholarships will provide up to $500 each for travel expenses incurred in attending the Annual Meeting. Reimbursement will be via travel vouchers submitted to the COMPRES Central office. Note that the number of scholarships are limited, and applications should be submitted early to increase the chances of getting an award.
To be eligible for a travel scholarship, the applicant must be a student at a U.S. University or College. Foreign citizens who are students in the US are eligible. NOTE: Student travel grants are funded by the National Science Foundation. NSF allows travel grants to be made only to students attending US colleges and universities.
Applications for a travel scholarship should be submitted via email to Karen Hurst by May 15, 2015.
The application should include the following:
1. Cover page indicating the name, address, telephone number, FAX number and email address of the student, and the name and address of the faculty mentor/advisor.
2. An abstract including title and authors, with the applicant as the presenter.
3. A paragraph by the applicant describing at what stage you are in your studies and why you want to attend the Annual Meeting.
4. A letter of recommendation from the mentor/advisor. This letter should also detail the group's travel funding and explain why the travel scholarship is needed for the student.
5. If you are not a U. S. citizen or Permanent Resident, please indicate your visa status.
To qualify for a travel scholarship, you must Submit an abstract for a poster presentation. The abstract MUST be submitted for the application to be considered.
Register for the Annual Meeting. The deadline for registration is Friday, May 15, 2015. We hope that by offering these travel scholarships we will encourage and enable many students to attend and participate actively in the program of the Annual Meeting. We look forward to seeing many of you at the meeting and to hearing about your new research endeavors.