2016 IUCr High Pressure Workshop
It is our great pleasure to announce the 2016 IUCr High Pressure Workshop to be held at Pohang Accelerator Laboratory (PAL), Pohang, Korea from September 20-24, 2016.
We announce that the registration and abstract submission has started.
We have extended the application deadline for the IUCr sponsored Young Scientists Award to July 1st.
Due to the increasing volume of inqueries regarding the workshop registration, we have extended the early registration deadline to August 15th.
To follow last year's successful workshop at the Brazilian Synchrotron Light Laboratory, Pohang Accelerator Laboratory (PAL) and Korean Synchrotron Users Association (KOSUA) proudly host the IUCr High Pressure Workshop at the sole synchrotron facility in Korea. PAL is the third-generation light source established in the city of Pohang in 1995 and currently operates 31 beamlines. Especially this year, PAL is launching the fourth-generation PAL-XFEL and looking forward to extending its scientific capability to include high-pressure and extreme conditions science. This year's IUCr High Pressure Workshop will enjoy vigorous science and culture of Korea.
Below are the scientific and social programs being organized, and partial travel supports will be available to selected young researchers.
- Prof. Dave Mao (HPSTAR, China)
- Prof. Chi-Chang Kao (SLAC National Accelerator Laboratory, USA)
- Prof. Takehiko Yagi (University of Tokyo, Japan)
- Prof. John Parise (Stony Brook University, USA)
- Prof. Jung-Fu "Afu" Lin (Unversity of Texas, USA)
- Prof. Vladimir Solozhenko (University of Paris, France)
- Dr. Timothy Strobel (Geophysical Laboratory, USA)
- Prof. Yanming Ma (Jilin University, China)
- Dr. Toshiaki Iitaka (RIKEN, Japan)
- Prof. Jun Hyung Cho (Hanyang University, Korea)
- Prof. Barbara Lavina (University of Nevada at Las Vegas, USA)
- Prof. Byeongchan Lee (Kyung Hee University, Korea)
- Prof. Garry McIntyre (ANSTO, Austrailia)
- Dr. Jack Bins (HPSTAR, China)
- Dr. Stanislav Sinogeikin (HPCAT, Geophysical Laboratory, Carnegie Institution of Washington, USA)
- Dr. Olivier Mathon (ID24-BM23, ESRF, France)
- Dr. Yanbin Wang (GSECARS-CAT, Advanced Photon Source, USA)
- Dr. Alfred Baron (RIKEN SPring-8 Center, Materials Dynamics Laboratory, Japan)
- Dr. Naohisa Hirao (JASRI/Spring-8, Japan)
- Prof. John Tse (University of Saskatchewan, Canada)
- Prof. Sung Keun Lee (Seoul National University, Korea)
- Prof. Simon Clark (Macquarie University, Austrailia)
- Prof. Andrew Jephcoat (Okayama University, Japan)
- Prof. Tomoo Katsura (BGI, University of Bayreuth, Germany)
- Dr. Arianna Gleason (Los Alamos National Laboratory, USA)
Scientific Sessions and Chairs (As of May 22)
- High-pressure chemistry and synthesis (Choong-Shik Yoo, WSU, USA; Kamil Dziubek, LENS, Italy)
- Computational approaches (Duckyoung Kim, HPSTAR, China)
- High-pressure materials and physics (Hyunchae Cynn, LLNL, USA; Geun Woo Lee, KRISS, Korea)
- Polymorphism and crystal chemistry (Simon Clark, ANSTO, Austrailia)
- Synchrotron Techniques (Changyong Park, CIW-HPCAT, USA)
- High-pressure spectroscopy (Sung Keun Lee, SNU, Korea)
- Amorphous materials (Haozhe Liu, HPSTAR, China)
- Mineral physics and planetary materials (Sang-Heon Dan Shim, ASU, USA)
- New Frontiers in Extreme Conditions Crystallography (HaeJa Lee, SLAC-LCLS, USA)
Tour of PAL and PAL-XFEL facilities
Day tour of the historic Gyeongju city
To register and find more details, please visit http://2016iucrhpworkshop.yonsei.ac.kr/
For further information please visit our homepage http://2016IUCrHPworkshop.yonsei.ac.kr
We look forward to seeing you all in September 2016 in Korea.
With kind regards,
Yongjae Lee (Chair of Local Organizing Committee)
Andrzej Katrusiak (Chair of the IUCr High Pressure Commission)